It was a sad report to read but the charity Shelter has found that one million tenants across England have been the victim of rogue landlords during the past 12 months.
While much focus is given to the treatment of tenants, landlords are also at the receiving end of unacceptable actions, with a National Landlords Association members' poll revealing that 3 out of 10 UK landlords had been verbally or physically abused by their tenants.
Here at London Residential we are proud to be a member of NALS (National Approved Letting Scheme) - an independent licensing organisation - having successfully met its membership criteria.
To be a member of NALS and to display the logo, a letting agent must:-
- Have current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Have a client account where money is held separately to the operating funds of the firm
- Commit to being part of a Client Money Protection Scheme
- Commit to offer services to landlords and tenants meeting all of NALS Service Standards
- Have a written Customer Complaints Procedure which offers independent redress should any complaint from a landlord or tenant not be re-solved in-house.
By being part of NALS, London Residential also agrees to being monitored by the organisation to ensure we are providing a professional and legally-sound service to both landlords and tenants.
Our NALS membership, together with our own stringent in-house codes of conduct and levels of industry training, allow London Residential to protect both landlords and tenants. If you are looking for a law-abiding, professional agent, look out for the for NALS logo.
A shocking new report has revealed that more than one million tenants across England have been the victim of a rogue landlord during the past twelve months.